Advantages of holding events remotely. Without a doubt, since 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies and sectors have had to reinvent themselves to move forward. The health situation forced many face-to-face events to be canceled. This brought with it a greater implementation of virtual events, becoming a new reality. Virtual events are meetings that take place on web platforms and people can join from anywhere in the world. Unlike face-to-face events, these are not limited to one place or time.
Although the measures to combat COVID-19 have been decreasing, there is no doubt that virtual events are here to stay. These have brought multiple benefits not only for the organizers, but also for the participants. Some of these benefits are:
- Security: As mentioned above, due to the pandemic, the need to avoid physical contact and implement virtual events had to be faced. This is why one of the greatest advantages of virtual events is security, since people from all over the world connect safely and from the comfort of their home. All this without depending on health mobility restrictions.
- Cost savings: Another great advantage of remote events is the high cost savings. When producing events of this type virtually, costs of accommodation, venue rentals, travel, staff, sound, logistics, etc. are saved. By doing it remotely, all these costs disappear or decrease significantly.
- Analysis of metrics: In virtual events, all the metrics and indicators of the event are registered in the software. With these you can get much more detailed information about the experience of the people who attended. If companies carry out a good analysis of all these metrics and use them to their advantage, they could obtain a great competitive advantage.
- Greater coverage and flexibility: Remote events allow you to have a higher number of guests, who will be able to access online regardless of their location. It is a good opportunity to connect with a larger audience from multiple countries that would have been difficult to access in person. You no longer depend on suppliers, availability and other factors and you have more freedom of time and space to hold the event.
- Eco Friendly: Companies have more and more responsibility to reduce their ecological footprint. In the case of virtual events, this becomes much lower since the physical resources that are generated are less, displacements are avoided, documents are presented digitally, etc.
- Timeless: All event content can remain in some online environment so that participants can access it again whenever they want. And those people who could not attend the event in real time will be able to view it later.