The importance of professional translation and interpreting services for a quality assurance and risk mitigation system in a company. Humanity is living the so-called “age of knowledge”, characterized by enormous scientific and technological advances, in a globalized world, in which human beings have more facility than ever in history to access or transfer information and interact with other people from almost anywhere on the planet. Currently, for example, a young person in India can provide customer service, by phone or digitally, to someone located in Italy. From a smartphone, of which there are billions in the world, a person has access to more information than a president of the United States of America could have had in the sixties.
This new reality, linked to the dynamics of the increasingly competitive economy, leads to the search for more and better means to act efficiently and succeed. That is why successful companies or organizations make every effort to guarantee efficient and excellent services, which involves anticipating, avoiding or reducing risks or threats that may arise at any time.
Like everything in life, no one, not even companies or institutions, large or small, are exempt from risks, they are all exposed to internal and external eventualities, which, if not managed well, can seriously affect the work that they perform. That is why in recent years quality assurance and risk mitigation systems have been developed, in order to be able to anticipate the facts and prevent their processes from being affected.
Basically modern systems rely on five steps:
- Acceptance of the risk, it is accepted that the risk could occur and based on this, an action plan is created focused on what could happen;
- Risk mitigation seeks to reduce the probability of a risk occurring or reduce the impact that it could cause within the company. What this means is that, if it occurs, the effects will not be as great, because there is already a strategy for its implementation;
- Transfer of risk, is when the risk is transmitted to another area of the organization or to a subsidiary company;
- Exploitation of risk, is when it is seen as an opportunity, in this case it is not sought to mitigate or eliminate it, but on the contrary, it is about the company focusing on the problem and getting the most out of it. This can bring about the appointment of qualified personnel, greater investment or the creation of a plan that helps prevent it from happening again; and
- Elimination of risk, although most of the time it does not happen, sometimes companies manage to eliminate the risk definitively. When does this happen? It occurs when the forecast work has managed to successfully implement the solution by obtaining key data, supporting experts, adding extra resources or making improvements within the already agreed plan.
With all of the above said, it is worth saying that quality or risk prevention systems must necessarily consider effective and efficient communication as an aspect of special attention. Particularly, where the interaction with people, companies or institutions with a different language is increasingly common and many times absolutely necessary. This is where professional translation and interpreting services take on importance, and become even more relevant in the face of the specialization process that humanity has been developing.
In an increasingly specialized world, mastering a language does not necessarily mean knowing all the technical and professional terms properly. This is why hiring professional and experienced translators and interpreters can help mitigate a large number of risks in companies. The use of professional translators for translation or interpretation requires the translator to put himself in the place of the person who sends the message, that is, the specialist, and assume their same skills. In this way, to fulfill its role as communication intermediary, it must assimilate knowledge of the subject and its specificity.